Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013: Just Do It.



Yeah.   Right.


You know what I'm going to do in the New Year?  I'm going to keep going. I'm going to make progress.  I'm going to set goals, and I'm going to accomplish them, because I'm just not going to quit.  

I love New Years.  I love fresh starts.  I love new opportunities and planning and then when it comes to following through, I just don't.  As soon as I fall short of perfection, I fall apart.  

My husband is an incredibly pragmatic person.  He sees a problem; he analyzes the problem; he tells you how to fix the problem.  Everything with him is very black and white.  


     Me: I think I'm going to go back to couponing.  We could save a lot of money!

     Hubs: GREAT!  *hands me the scissors*

     Me: Whoa, whoa, whoa.  First I have to plan.  I need to find a new binder and get my hole puncher and research the BEST couponing websites and download a few new apps and collect EVERYSALEPAPEREVERPRINTED. 

{{I spend a month and a half collecting circulars and unclipped coupons and stashing them in a corner of our living room in a pile that I swear to myself and to hubs is organized, but we both know I'm lying.  I stress over the mess and the guilt of not following through.}}

     Hubs: *eyeing the towering pile*  So - about this couponing thing...

     Me: I'm getting to it!!! GET OFF MY BACK! 


In another couple of months, all the coupons that I collected have expired, and I throw the entire pile away.  Not to worry, though!  In another month or so, I'll decide to try again.


You know what my problem is?  I should have taken the scissors when he first handed them to me, clipped a Tide coupon and run out to the store to pick up the detergent that we needed.

And this year, that's what I'm going to do.  This year is not about perfection or being the best at everything.  This year is about not making excuses.  This year, I'm going to mess up, but I'm not going to give up.  This year is about doing it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment