Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Rocking the winter.

I don't like winter.  Outside of holiday celebrations, it's a bleak time.  There is not enough sunlight.  It's too darn cold.  The days are too short.  It's dark when I leave for work, and it's getting dark again when I get home.  For most of my life, I've been content to hunker down and survive winter.  If hibernation were an option, you'd find me in a cave... and probably furry.

This year, though, I had a bright spot.  There is a tiny baby who isn't fussed about the winter.  His world is exciting and new.  His happiness is contagious.  Because of him, I've soldiered on.  I can't put off my life until spring.

I walked again today.  I'm almost at 4.5 miles for the week.  I headed for the Silver Comet trail at lunch and then took a quick post dinner stroll with the bebe.  

We're cruising towards the weekend now - Journey group tomorrow, a visit from the newly engaged Polly and Jason on Friday evening, and then a birthday party for a dear friend on Saturday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment